The Household Hazardous Waste facility will be closed through January 2, 2017. Please do not leave your items here; take them to the County Shop at 600 West M Street. Sorry for the inconvenience.”
Follow these instructions when bringing your items to the Red Willow County Household Hazardous Waste Facility
These simple rules are for your safety:
- Keep products in their original containers.
- Never mix household chemical products.
- Tighten all lids before transporting.
- Place the containers inside a box so they remain upright. We suggest lining the box with plastic or newspaper to collect any spills or leaks.
- Place leaking or damaged containers inside a heavy or double plastic bag. Only one leaking or damaged container per bag.
- Label any unmarked containers. If you don’t know what the chemical is, ask others in your household who may know and write down their comments.
- Place the box of containers in a level place in your vehicle. In the trunk or bed of a truck is preferred.
- If transporting the containers inside the vehicle, open two windows to allow fresh air to enter.
- Go directly to the facility after packing your vehicle. Don’t run errands, go to work or park your vehicle in the sun while the chemicals are inside. The vapor build up could be dangerous!
What to bring to the waste facility:
Listed here are examples of household wastes that are accepted by the facility.
In addition to these items listed, most items labeled with the following words: Caution, Warning, Danger, Poison, Flammable, Volatile, Caustic or Corrosive may be accepted.
For items we are not able to accept, we can offer alternative solutions.
Garage & Workshop
Acetone ,Acids/Bases, Adhesives, Aerosol Cans, Antifreeze, Auto Polish, Brake Fluid, Car Wax, Caulk, Driveway Sealer, Epoxy, Gasoline, Glues, Kerosene, Lighter Fluid, Motor Oil, Paint, Varnish, Paint Thinner, Roofing Tar, Shellac, Automotive Batteries, Automotive Fluids, Carburetor Cleaner, Computer Monitors, Paint Remover
Kitchen & Bathroom
Cleaning Products, Drain Cleaners, Floor Care Products, Mercury Devices, Oven Cleaner, Personal Care Products, Polish Remover, Rechargeable Razors, Rechargeable Toothbrushes
Home & Garden
Aerosol Cans, Brush Killer, Fertilizers, Insect Spray, Metal Polish, Mothballs, Spot Removers, Spray Paint, Thermostats, Pesticides, Weed Killer, Fungicides, Pool Chemicals, Rust Remover, Rechargeable Batteries, Garden Chemicals, Wallpaper Remover, Furniture Polish, Compact Fluorescent, Concrete Cleaners & Etchers, Fluorescent Tubes (all sizes/types) Rat, Mouse or Gopher Poison
This is not a complete list